The Goodwill Ambassadors are organized and structured by the CRB through the Office of Community Relations. The program is comprised of full-time City of Miami employees and was created to assist the City Manager’s Office in providing a stabilizing component that would serve to promote harmonious relationships during major special events and demonstrations, and to facilitate peaceful resolutions to conflicts.
The Goodwill Ambassadors have been a welcomed addition to several community events and initiatives throughout the City of Miami including, but not limited to the Presidential Referendum Recall, FTAA, the Goombay Festival, Art Basel, Homeland Security Trainings, and other community demonstrations.
- to assist in keeping channels of communication open among active ambassadors, the City Manager’s Office, the CRB, and the Miami Police Department during major events or demonstrations
- to provide the City Manager’s Office and OCR with information needed to control sources of conflict during major/special events
- to intervene in and diffuse conflict situations and to facilitate conflict resolutions to perform as greeters and guides during major/special events
- to identify and relieve inter-group conflicts before crises arise
- to develop bridges of understanding, communications and mutual respect during mass demonstrations and major/special events
- to identify and forecast community tensions during crisis situations, major events and/or mass demonstrations
All Goodwill Ambassadors are provided with training from the US Department of Justice Community Relations Services, and the City of Miami Manager’s Office.
If you are interested in becoming a Goodwill Ambassador please contact Madelin Pacheco, Coordinator – Community Relations at 305-416-1415 or via email at email@example.com.